Monday 15 September 2014

Faith

There is something in me that says it's time. Time to drop back into the thin air of things. Of life, of nothingness, of the unknown. I have clung for a long time to a flower that has opened and dropped it's seeds into the ground already. It was beautiful, perennial, but I'm not sure when or where the sprouts will rise. Though they will. I am sure of that. In this lifetime or the next; within my sight or hidden from me.
My body and mind cannot wait for this certainty. My soul can and will. Simply because it knows and sees what the mind cannot, and will stay put while also falling with me.
So I stand here poised, leaning backwards into this nothing. Trusting that when I fall and feel the winds rush past me there is a fresh landing somewhere; new gifts, new life, surprises and wonders that I cannot yet see or imagine. Perhaps I am falling already and simply do not know it, my eyes still focussed on what is above. Maybe it will be a while before I let go my grip on what is no longer here.  Either way is fine, neither better or more right.
This is the secret to life, to 'what's next'. To have faith in what appears as nothingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love comments!