Monday 11 May 2015

The Bridge

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us."
~ Marianne Williamson

 This is my path; the secret to all the pain I have ever felt, and all the suffering that I have ever inflicted upon myself or others. My failure to see myself. Mind blown. Universe officially reorganized, turned on its head, and emptied out onto the floor in a tumble of broken glass and bent metal.

I will expand on this idea. More than a fear, it is what prevents me (us) from arriving here, now. From being who we are. From accepting all the gifts being offered, constantly and from all sides. From seeing all the beauty without attachment or possessiveness. From letting go, allowing people and circumstances to change and move. Welcoming things in and allowing them to depart as they see fit. Honouring the paths, chosen or not, of all those who come into your life. Trusting everyone to be engaged in the journey they need to be on, regardless of whether it suits your purposes or ego. Perhaps helping them trust themselves a little more than they did when they arrived. 

I have hidden behind the illusion that I am somehow lacking. But I now understand the opposite to be true. I have made choices based on the wrong information, caved too quickly, settled too soon. Bent myself in an effort to fit. I have also not had the courage to choose the things I did want, assuming that I was not worthy of it. Fear of losing, of being wrong. I missed the point that this is always a possibility regardless.

I have held myself still and let others do the same. And this revelation is terrifying. And electrifying.


"I have no never again, I have no always.  In the sand Victory abandoned its footprints."

~ Pablo Neruda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love comments!