Wednesday 17 May 2017

Anger


Unrestrained,
Like the pull of the moon upon my skin.
Flowing out of my gut and through my lips 
To be set free into the world,
and let go.
Beautiful anger.
The stuff so many of us fear
And revile.

The shame that comes with the expression of it is
Powerful.
But suppression is made of 
Control and fear,
Not grace.
So this time I let it flow.
In one ear and out the other;
In the way that only friends are able to listen,
Sifting and allowing all the 
Bitterness to slip through the gaps
Of perception.
I am uncorked,
And know that this too shall pass.

In this expression,
This impermanent mosaic of 
Fire and ice,
I am releasing the need to be 
Good or fair.
And falling back into 
Freedom, 
Raging full-hearted with
Betrayal and loss.
I slip beneath the surface
And drop into the churning currents below.

Relaxed but furious,
Strangely calm.
Knowing 
That the whirlpools can pull me down
Into their darkness,
Trusting that
Healing cleansing place below.
Fearless.
Understanding
That struggle is the way
To be kept
Longer than I need to be.
Trapped by my own
Fight.

If I allow myself,
Release myself,
Let go 
Into the cyclones of
Helical flow,
I will one day find myself rising to the
Surface.
Washed clean and able
To breathe new air into 
These lungs.

Even now.



(In Gratitude for Anger).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love comments!