Saturday 30 June 2018

Soulful

Sometimes you just have to claim what's yours,
And this is mine.

Soulful,
Artful.
I am
Far from perfect,
Slightly guarded but wildly open.

Pay attention, and
You may get a small window into this
Spirit.
Caught in the flight of dance,
Music,
Light,
Careening around the open field.
Broken, unbroken.
Again and again.

When you let yourself be influenced,
Like I have,
Allowed the ethers to steal your magic,
Essence by essence.
Stripping you of your innocent nature.
When you believe in projections
You become dilute.
Watered down in self doubt.
Loss and hope,
Unfettered and unclaimed.
Sometimes it feels safer to be this way.

But
In the sweep of redemption that never happens
I am
Losing faith a million times.
I crack,
To find more pieces still clinging
To the life raft
Within.
Lying dormant at the level of soul
I find
Remnants of a self
Magnetically seeking it's own shards
In the push and pull of this
Spring tide.
Becoming whole.

Once again
I see her
This creature of adolescent dreamscapes.
She is the same
But also utterly different.
She is me.
Lost, found and abandoned
In the crash of this
Ambient moment.
Through the trees
She is coming home again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love comments!