Monday 8 October 2018

In Gratitude

I am grateful

For all the things (in no particular order).
The coming of the dark stormy season,
Dogs on beaches.
Dearest and oldest friends.
Visits.
The beauty of a crowd in a small space,
Sharing food.
The joys of having someone to come home to,
Even temporarily.
My strange and wonderful dreams, a lifelong source of mystery;
Of wolves, whales, and finding my centre and the power of
Standing my ground.
A clean house
And a messy, full one.
This incredible Island we live on.
Trails, coastlines, rolling seas, nurse logs.
The wild ocean.
Driftwood.
All the friendships that have carried me forward on this journey,
Even in the smallest of moments,
Human and non.
Companions in adventure and play.
The wisdom of Heartache;
The un-locker of souls.
Sadness and glee.
Forgiveness - in divine and intimate, messy human forms.
Dance and
Crazy leggings.
My own knowing of when is a good time to push past
Fear.
Feeling the pull when it is right to step out onto this floor.
Trusting my gut because
It knows best.
Surf - in all it's wild inexorable energy,
Carrying me in.
The passion of kelp,
And letting it all go,
Finally.
To new beginnings,
And the quiet vigilance of the wise and compassionate spirit
That is my own.
For all the things that may never feel complete.

I am grateful.









1 comment:

Thanks for the comment! I love comments!